Winsford Village Shop
The New Winsford Village Shop and Post Office, known as the Oak Shop is located within The Royal Oak Inn.
It combines the best of a traditional store supplying everyday basics and a range of locally sourced fresh produce, including bread and meat specialties together with the Post Office offering a comprehensive range of Postal Services.
For many years the village shop and Post Office was located in the centre of the village, but in September 2014 the owners Jenny and Paul Lawson, sadly due to ill health decided to hang up their boots and retire.
At that time there was no imminent purchaser for the shop and so a group of villagers immediately started work to try and find an alternative.
Fortunately help was at hand when Sally and Mark Bradley who run The Royal Oak pub announced they would be stepping in to save the shop.
After a few frantic weeks of re-organising their restaurant and breakfast room, part of the pub which had previously been used by the National Westminster Bank, was converted to provide accommodation for the shop, to be known as the Oak Shop.
It was an immediate success and has become a focal point of the village with The Coffee Shop open for regular get togethers, every morning from 10.00am until 12.00pm.
Local produce in your local shop
- Bakery Fresh Bread (Bawdons of Bampton).
- Fresh Bacon and Sausages (John May South Molton and Kendle Farms)
- Fresh Eggs and Cheeses (Cobley Farm, Crediton)
- Fresh Fish (El Pescadero, Dulverton)
- Preserves & Speciality Foods
- Holleys Fine Foods
- Gails Exmoor Honey
- Pick up for repeat prescriptions from Exmoor Medical Centre
- Collection of pre-ordered groceries
- Charity Food Box
- Drop Off Point for Parcel Force
- Shop Information